2010-02-02

Arugula, Avocado and Fennel Salad

Alllllrighty then.

So i killed my monitor the other day and had to wait for my shiny new replacement to arrive in the mail, so i've been stuck using the laptop for most of the last week. Because of this, my blogging ground to a halt for a little bit there, so... sorry about that, but now i'm back.

since i didn't have any plans to make any big elegant posts until my new monitor arrived, i didn't really plan any big meals or anything, but i did take a few shots of some of the little things I made this week.

first up, another recipe I originally learned from Ingrid Hoffman:

Arugula, Avocado and Fennel Salad

For the ingredient list and better instructions, check out the original recipe on Ingrid's Site




This has to be one of my favorite salads, especially when i find some really fresh and powerful arugula. Each ingredient in this recipe has such a distinct and powerful flavor, that when they're all put together like this, the result is surprisingly mellow and very very very good.

Pretty quick and simple recipe overall and makes for a nice alternative to just a normal thrown together salad. I've served a more finely chopped version of it as a dip even (add in an extra avocado). Worked really well with tortilla chips.










Made this the other day and ate it with some real nice fried chicken that Dave made. (Unfortunately i didn't document that part)

Anyway, I hate to keep biting Ingrid's recipes, but this one in particular (and a few others that I'll get to eventually) just absolutely needs to be shared.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment