2010-04-11

Spinach, Mushroom, Artichoke, and Dill Stuffed Pork Chops with Endive

Sometimes I have good ideas when I'm in the grocery store without knowing it.

The other day I was just restocking produce in our fridge. I bought some endives because they looked real nice; grabbed some spinach, a few mushrooms, and a package of artichoke hearts (also some whole artichokes... but I'm going to cook those tonight);   I didn't really have a plan, but when i got home and began putting the groceries away I realized that stuff all sounded pretty good together.

Later Dave and I went back to the grocery store and picked up some pre-made side dishes (I wasn't feeling overly ambitious) and some nice boneless pork chops. So that's how this recipe happened.  (bear with me on the amounts of each thing... i really didn't measure anything)

Anyway...

ingredients

3 boneless skinless pork chops
6 endives
a handful of dill
10-12 crimini mushrooms
1 can of artichoke hearts
a large handful of spinach
1 Tbsp. + 1tsp. olive oil
salt & pepper

instructions
preheat oven to 400º
use a tsp of olive oil and grease a large casserole or baking pan
butterfly the porkchops, add salt + pepper



clean and chop the mushrooms, spinach, dill, and artichoke hearts.



Add the remaining olive oil to this mix, and salt and pepper to taste.

Use half of this mixture to stuff the chops, then arrange them close to each other in the pan.


Use the second half of the mixture to cover the pork chops.







Arrange the endives around the edge of the pan. (salt and pepper again over everything)






Bake at 400º for 40-45 minutes.








(served with potato salad and edamame salad)

(gratuitous hardcore shot)


Pork Chop on FoodistaPork Chop

No comments:

Post a Comment